Friday 19 June 2009

Ultraportable laptops

I am sure that each of you have heard about some small or light laptops, but for sure few have ever had one. For several months I was looking for some small, light and really slim computer, but user friendly and not so expensive. I'm sure you know, that carring to school a computer weighting about three pounds cant't be called comfortable. I focused on founding some compromise between useful but heavy device and extremely light expensive one. It's obvious that you can't have everything... But I found a few models which are extremely tiny, light and not so expensive. I'd like to focus on a few models. 



the first thought came to me when I hear about "small laptop" is asus eee, looks very small, but a bit thick. Fits easily into women's handbag. Eee seems to be perfect for long boring lecture in school. Producer says that Asus is designed for the internet but working on it, for more than several hours is impossible. So I started to digging andlooking for something that fits better to my needs.

Second notebook I have found was macbook air. Probably the most popular laptop produced by Apple. The first impression was: WOW!!! I was impressed and interested how is it possible to hide all components in such tiny computer case. Incredibly thin. Everything is great, but it has one fundamental flaw, it's insanely expensive. So I was still looking for something different.




I wonder how many of you are aware that Sony have produced even smaller and thinner toy than macbook air.



I have red about ultraportable Sony vaio x505 few days ago on one of the foreign web pages. It has made huge impression on me. Currently x505 is one true competitor to the macbook air. It isn't built of the strongest components, but this is the thinnest laptop I have ever seen. Only 9,7 mm of thickness and approximately 800 grams of weight makes difference.





So what is your smallest, thinnest, lightest and coolest notebook you have ever had chance to work on? So now after few moments of thinking, what is your opinion about that?

1 comment:

  1. I rather don't use such kind of devices, I have traditional HP laptop from work and that's it. At home I'm using traditional PC ;) but if I will need e.g. to go somewhere by plane, I surely will think about buing such thing ;)

    ReplyDelete