Saturday 4 April 2009

"sibi" radios....

Citizens' Band radio (CB) is a system of short-distance radio communications between people.
As You probably noticed more and more cars are equipped with huge antennas.

What makes it so popular?

CB does not require a license and it may be used for personal communications.
The CB's channels are shared by many users.
Only one station should transmit at a time.
That is the main problem with this communication system. Sometimes people don't wait until others finish. The effect: "You don't hear anything except noise".
Others should listen and wait for the shared channel to be available.

You Can talk on almost every channel, that is..almost:

28 - this channel is used when You want to talk somebody.
19 - The road channel. It is the most popular and makes CB in our country famous. It is the channel where You can get information on traffic, roads and even hiding police cars :-).
In the past, channel 9 was the "rescue channel". You can ask for help on that channel.

Basic rules of handling CB:

1.When You want to talk You should say "break", and somebody will usually let You talk. It's not so often nowadays on channel 19 to hear "break". People simply say what they want.
2. When You want to say something then wait for a moment when nobody talks.
3. Don't use Mr./Mrs. Rather use "friend".
4. Don't use "bad language"
5. Don't be an idiot by making stupid broadcasts thru the radio like broadcasting music.
6. You have to have a permission/license for the hardware that You're using.


Some CB talk:

1- How's the road to Wroclaw?
2- Clear
1- Thanks. I don't know where you're going but you also have clear :-)

1- Hi Jurek, did you get back from sanatorium already?
2- Yes, I'm back
1- How was it? The same women?
2- .......(silence)
1- When will You go again?
2- My wife sitting beside me...
1- Upsss. Sorry....

- Friend from the red bus, can You turn on the radio because I want to ask You something?

1- I drive 60 and I can't go faster because a Maluch (Fiat 126p) is blocking me!
2- Push him! Push him!

Road Garwolin-Ryki
1- Mobiles, how's the road to Ryki?
2- Don't go to Ryki because You'll be stupid like "byki", go to "Rzeszowa" and be stupid like "krowa" :-)

1- Friend from the blue MAN, are You on the radio?
2- Yes, what's up?
1- You're dragging some sort of tape behind you..
2- O f*ck! I was towing somebody....

1- How's the track to Warsaw?
2- Clean
1- Thanks, "bajo"!
2- "Bajo"? Hang yourself on the "jajo" :-)



What do You think made CB so popular in our country (other reasons) ?
Do You own/will to own a CB radio?
And last but not least....Have You heard something funny? :-)

If You're hungry for more than visit:
http://www.joemonster.org/article.php?sid=6192

13 comments:

  1. (s3572)

    I've never used such devices... However I heard that it's a lot of fun and you can meet many friends around (not only while driving a car).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good for traffic jams in warsaw. I'm going to buy it in the future. I hope that it helps me to omit most blocked places and save my time. I'm only worry about CB thiefs and about mounting and unmounting an antena daily...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never used CB-Radio and I don’t plan to use. I don’t like when this horrible noise (“shshsh” ;)) disturbs me when I listen to music loudly. And I think that it is illegal when someone is driving very fast, breaking traffic regulation because he has CB-Radio and he thinks that he will be unpunished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never used it either... but maybe some day I will change my mind. It sounds interesting and it could be fun.

    I think that probably it is so popular because you can avoid traffic jams and/or police and of course it can be fun to listen to funny conversations :)

    As of now i can't say anything more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been using cb radio for nearly 3years now and it could be a very useful equipment especially when you travel long distances, I don't use it while driving in Warsaw though(too much garbage on the radio)
    Why is it so popular? because it provides you information about situation on the road, traffic jams, police etc, since we don't have appropriate roads(mainly lack of highways) driving across country takes so much time, there are too many limitations, lights, intersections, lack of proper road signs etc. imagine using cb in germany, there's absolutely no reason to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only radio I heard in my car is CB radio ;) I like to know about track i'm driving. It's not so boring like radio station for example RMF FM :)

    And remember, there is no "shshshzzzz" when you are able to use it in right way :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was driven one to Gdynia with my friend who was using the CB. Generally it was useful source of information because we had informations about traffic and police stops. He also told me that when he bought CB he hardly ever pays the tickets. So for him it is a good way to spare some money.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I have CB radio and I think it's a great thing and someone who made this was a genius :) You know where police is, where traffic jam is, you can ask for help you don't have to drive all over the town to find something and waste your time - you only have to ask for help. It's simple and great.
    And when you drive in a group you can talk with your friend on "private channel", you can tell him that he can overtake, that there's clear. You can do anything...

    ReplyDelete
  9. My uncle drives over two hundred km to warsaw every week and without cb he would probably have one hundred mandates because of the photoradars and police. He always drive safety and carefully but speed limit to ninety behind the city on four road band is sometimes exaggerated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do You own/will to own a CB radio?
    Well, I do not have a car ... . I saw many drivers using CB radio and I think it is great and easy way of communication. If I had a car I would probably buy a CB radio.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I listen much of CB talks, but most of them was only some crap-talks! For example "Hey babe, wants some @!&#^!*&@^#" Etc.. And my conclusion, few years ago CB radio was a nice tool to get/give an information, but now when all of "village people" have to ride with big antennas.. It's worthless... :/

    ReplyDelete
  12. In my opinion CB radio can be usefull on road in some scenarios. One can communicate with other drivers and ask about traffic jams, about which turning should he take.
    I dont like people who are overusing it though. People should remember that there are public channels and majority of people wouldnt like to hear their stupid jokes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 'si-bi' is great invention, when I go with friends on any trip by car, we use si-bi radio to check 'czy miśki suszą' on the road :) or if there are some traffic jams ahead. We also use GPS to navigate, connecting this two devices you can go whenever you want :)

    ReplyDelete