Friday 27 March 2009

My collection.


Hi, today is my last day (3rd) of presentation.
As I promised, I am going to present you my board games collection. In the last presentation I have introduced you my favourite game "Wysokie Napięcie" (org. Power Grid") and know I will tell you why its the best game in my collection. :)Firstly it was honoured with few major rewards like:
  • 2004 reward of Meeple's Choice
  • 2004 silver award of TricTrac magazine
  • 2007 Game of The year in Poland
Secondly there is no dice's I hate them :) I am not lucky person and that's why I like games where only advantage of one player over others is generated by power of his mind not a luck. As you have seen on the movie in last post, this game looks simple, but there is much of strategies and a lot of ways to disturb your opponents. I like the plants licytations, where you have place bids with poker face to get a good deal or cheat your opponent to make expensive bought. :) It's good game as one of your first economic games.
But't the best game for beginning is very interesting game: Settlers of Cattan. It was my first game in my geek life:D There is English review below:

This game is very dice demanded, but it is still very "miodziaśna", ekhm I mean interesting. The best in it is that you could play with everyone, because it's very simple and easy to learn. This game is one of most popular modern board games at the world..
Another easy to play and learn board games are adventure games and I have recently bought one, called Talisman. (Talisman: Magia i Miecz) it's famous adventure game where players are some heroes who are looking for the Crown of Power. This game has many similiarities to RPG (Role play game), like characteristics of your heroes, items you could collect during your adventures on the board etc. Talisman is my most butiful game... it's very colorful and with really nice figures of heroes.. It's also good for the beginning, my girlfriend loved this game:)
Have an look for review and a trailer:

Most hardcore game in my collection is Caylus, german style game, with many routs to win. After reading articles about this game, and reading instruction I now jast that it's very complicated game.. (but it's still easy to learn, it's characteristic for german style games) I have never played this game, but there will be inauguration this week, it's my newest game:)
Review is here! Game looks like this:

Game is said to be more complicated and more brain eating then Power Grid.. I hope that...
What will be next? I think that my next game will be Dominion. It's not board game, but it is a card game, strategy card game... Maybe you have hared about Magic The Gathering, most famous collectible card game here you could see funny commercial of it:

But getting back to Dominion, as I mentioned it's strategy card game, in witch, because its not an treading card game (like MtG) , you have to build your deck during play time. Your decisions decides about strength of your deck and finnaly winning, Oh, you have to look on this:

Dominion from Planszolandia on Vimeo.

In my opinion board games are mutch more interesting then new PC games:] and a way more interesting then TV:D Moreover, it's great exercise for your bored brains and your memory. :)
As you can see it's not entertainment only for childerns, but for people in any age. If you will browse youtube for more videos about board games , you could find that most of this movies is made by adult people not childrens...
Even my mom, older women, was encouraged by Settlers of Catan:)
What else I can tell you about board games? Pease, ask question in your comments:)
hmm.. maybe you want to try some game?
We could meet to play on PJIIT, wat do you think about it?


11 comments:

  1. I'm also a fan of boardgames. Recently I've bought some like : "Worms", "Monopoly World", "Activity", and a "card shuffler machine" to play 1000 :-). Like You wrote: They "(...)are much more interesting(...)". What other games for parties would You recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. (s3572)

    I remember monopoly from my childhood - great fun for every member of the family and hours spend enjoyable. But I never play such games now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the past I was a great fun of MTG, and I still have a deck and a lot of expensive cards. Yes, that’s why I stopped playing ;) It was too expensive to buy new cards and take part in tournaments when (if you want to be on the top) you have to buy another deck of cards… Do you know that the most expensive MTG card is Black Lotus from Alpha edition and it costs more than 2000$.... People say that Bill Gates has all MTG cards ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also spend a lot of time playing MTG but today my collection of cards is hidden somewhere in my basement. I had a great collection of board games too but someone thrown it. It was terrible loss. My favorite Magia i Miecz or Wojna o Pierścień gone forever and they never came back to me;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What could I say, I'm not keen on boardgames, maybe because I haven't had an opportunity to play one (besides of Chinczyk),
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that everything I wanted to say about board games I have already said in previous topics... there is nothing new here to discuss.

    I don't like board games very much... and I don't think that it will change soon.

    As I can see it is something nice and it can be a great hobby. I wish you luck in collecting and playing board games.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For party I would recomend you "Wiochmen Racer" it's looking fun. But I have to say that I am not fan of party games.. :) I like something harder.. Oh... You can try Yenga, it's really simple and funny game:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. many years ago I played "Magia & Miecz" and Ive enjoyed it, sadly now its difficult for me to find time to write posts on this forum not mentioning plaing board games. ;o/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well i dont know what to say here eather :)
    Maybe i can only add that i dont have time for boaring games right now :) maybe i will play some with my children when i will have some :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to play Talisman when I was a kid, but I don't remember the game very well. One of the things I remember is one of the monsters you had to fight against whose name was Rzygacz. Every monster had certain strength and magical powers(mana). Rzygacz's strength was five.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know one funny game that is great for parties... it's based on well known 'chińczyk' but the rules are a bit different ;]] It's called 'Alko-chińczyk' :D check this out:

    http://www26.patrz.pl/u/f/39/14/89/391489.gif

    the only problem with this game is...the fact that you have to have strong head ;]

    ReplyDelete