Friday 27 March 2009

Stress

Hi there !

My last topic in season called “healthy living” is about stress. I would like to emphasize how stress is really danger for us. I guess that stress is not strange for you and less or more you handle with it.

Stress is the body's reaction to the exaggerated requirements (both physical and mental), for example, during hot weather, frost, or physical and mental burden. The organism reacts to stress in different ways:

· Stress hormones are released, such as adrenaline and cortisone;

· Increases the number of heart beats and raises blood pressure;

· In the blood is circulating more stimulant substances such as glucose and fats;

· Excreted large quantities of sweat.

Stress does not have to be a negative. Voltage before the new task, the joy of holidays because of the jitters before the journey can be stressful, but they are not felt as harsh. Stress becomes dangerous when the last long, but there is no time to relax and rest. In this case, after a period of time may be an unpleasant symptoms.

Prevention

· Please ensure you enough time to rest, for family and friends for their favorite activities.

· Try not to be silent in the event of conflict, but to speak their mind.

· Even with a heavy load, do a break, at least half-hourly gate.

· Consider how far in front of you hiding deep problems (marital problems, loneliness, lack of recognition).

· Keep a healthy diet, regular movement and in sufficient quantity of sleep.

· Avoid drinking alcohol, smoking cigarettes and drinking excessive amounts of coffee.

Now for practice let’s see some stressful situations and think how to avoid stress in such situations or why such situation happens ?:

Some office examples:






There is a lot of examples more or less funny from road when drivers under stress makes many stupid things.

Maybe you tell us how do you deal with stress ? Do you know any examples of situation on road or in your office ? Please share us with it. Or maybe you saw any movies on youtube connected with this topic, you want to share ?

14 comments:

  1. (s3572)

    There was the same "crazy office guy" video from other angle somewhere in youtube - that's not a fake for sure. It's some Russian employee - anyone made any research to know something more about him?
    I haven't been under such extreme stress yet. However sometimes I feel that even continuous swearing isn't enough. It's generally good idea to take a long walk then - for example get out of the office and make some shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stress is the ultimate killer. My father had bad health results caused by stress. My brother also suffers from this "disease".
    Like Freddy Mercury sang: "Too much stress will kill You(..)"..or did he sang "love" ? :-) Anyway, it's a bad thing. Everyone hopefully has his own method of dealing with it. I need to simply cool down. A cold shower?

    Examples of stress:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2JZaNU49ro

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a very stress person. Every day, in home, at university, in car. I think that is my greatest disadvantage. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not stressed every day... I'm rather happy. But of course there are situations like for example exams when I don't have much time and I have to do a lot of things and maybe not everything but very much depends on passing this exam. So there are days when I'm stressed like hell but I'm glad it's not so often :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. (s3572)

    Cold shower increases the blood pressure. Under stress I wouldn't take risk...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love to watch this Stress at Work movies at YouTube. But as you said guys today everyone is suffer from the stress. It is XXI centuries' illness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm afraid i can't provide a perfect solution cause I haven't experienced that uncontrollable anger and rage we saw on youtube
    though I think it's better to express your feeling than keeping it all to yourself while grinding your teeth
    I know we should treat the cause, not the symptoms but people choose the easier one and start to drink or smoke

    ReplyDelete
  8. The best way to deal with stress is kickboxing :) if you are angry you can go on a gym and exercise, but you can try kickboxing and hit people without any consequences :) Than you are relaxed and happy - what more do you need? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was reading about stress and I have found several ways to fight with it. One of the simplest way is changing someting in your life, for example changing yourself. It isn't so simple as it looks like, but I belive it works. Most people expect the pill that will change everything. It is not necessarily have to treat people, often enough to convince that the cure and it is enough to improve health.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Adam that hard exercise allows to forget about problems and after it you feel relaxed. But when we are talking about short-term stress, for instance, before exam I think that it’s really helpful. When you get the card with test, stress goes away and you are focused only on the exam and your brain works much better.
    Everyone has his own way to fight with stress. My recipe is music, especially one song:
    Roky – Eye of the tiger
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_lewndIm38

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have problems with stress. I do not have any effective method to deal with it, so I often suffer from its negative factors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have good method for stress.. I have only say many many offensive words to my computer, collogues at work, then I have to say sorry to them and my stress goes away.. :) But being serious, It's rally big problem for me and I am only 24, and I have no any clue what to do with that.. :/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree that stress is a big problem in modern world. Especially for people living in big cities like Warsaw. Im getting nervous many times per day.. most cases are related to my noisy neighbours who cant understand that permament loud basses arent THE THING that people like the most.
    When im stressed i try to relax.I go for a walk or drink some tea. Sometimes i put a headphones on ears and listen to some music.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't have many stressful situations at work or at school, but I think good way to avoid such problems is to simply ignore that, e.g. when your boss is yelling at you, just ignore it, say that 'it's ok and you are sorry' and forget about it :]

    ReplyDelete