Tuesday 24 March 2009

Sport

Hello !

Last topic I wrote about basics of health living. Today I would like to write about practice - Sport. When it comes to me I don’t have enough time to play so many sports so generally my sport activity is jogging and swimming. But also I would like to mention about other ways which keep our health better.

Bicycle

There is many bicycle enthusiasts in the world and inside student culture. Why ? Because it is cheap way of transport from point A to destination B. Besides cycling you also keep your health in better condition. This type of effort is associated with a lower energy expenditure than joging. However, training bike, because of lower intensity have the potential extension of the time effort, so that the total caloric cost of working muscle can be high.

This is an excellent form of exercise suitable for people with overweight. During the cycling body weight rests on seat, which can significantly ease bone - articulate system. Acceleration or deceleration of the driving or operating shifts gives the possibility of obtaining an adequate pulse and match it to the body's current capacity.

Particularly useful may be a popular mountain bikes, which make it possible to move almost all conditions. Dla osób z nadwagą szczególnie polecane są trasy po płaskim terenie , bowiem jazda po gęstych pagórkach powoduje zbyt duże wahania pulsu , przez co wysiłek traci swój aerobowy charakter i przyspiesza zmęczenie . For those who are overweight are particularly recommended route after a flat terrain, the dense hills driving causing too large fluctuations in heartbeat.

So generally speaking cycling is cool, what is you opinion about this kind of sport ?

Squash

Squash is a racquet sport game played by two players (or four players for doubles) in a four-walled court with a small, hollow rubber ball. Squash is characterized as a "high-impact" exercise that can place strain on the joints, notably the knees[citation needed]. Squash is recognized by the IOC and remains in contention for incorporation in a future Olympic program.

The game was formerly called squash racquets, a reference to the "squashable" soft ball used in the game (compared with the harder ball used in its parent game Racquets (or rackets, see below)).

Do you practice this kind of sport ? Have you ever play it ? What is your opinion about it ?

Swimming

What about swimming ? Here in Warsaw we have a lot of swimming pools but the problem is that not always we have time to visit this place … L This is one of the healthiest form of move. Swimming is considered to be the safest and most comprehensive sports. This activity improves general health, fitness and beneficial influence on the proportions of our bodies. It is recommended for all, both for the physically active people, and for those who are just starting to train.

Among the techniques we can distinguish pools:

· Crawl on the back - easy to learn, because in this position, you can breathe, as on land. This technique is characterized by naprzemiennym movement of arms and legs. Item should be the most streamline. Body in position on your back, shoulders are slightly higher than the hips.

· Crawl on their chests - one of the fastest swimming techniques. The face should be in water, using the inspiration, you turn your head slightly. Arrangement of the body - the breasts and the movement of the limbs is alternating.

· Butterfly style- Very impressive technology, however, considered to be the most difficult to master. This requires a large physical fitness and skills. Position the body - the breasts, the movement of the leg movements dolphin points, while the upper limbs are moved simultaneously over the water.

· Classic style - Slowest technique, but also the most imitated by us. Position the body - the chest, upper limbs are working well, the lower limbs as well.

If you want to know more visit website: http://www.plywanie-gazeta.pl/plywanie/

What is your opinion about swimming ? Is it better than cycling, or squash ? Or maybe you are afraid of water ? Do you have any water stories like rescuing someone life or maybe somebody saved you ?

Please share your opinion about Sport – practical way of healthy living. Maybe you play interesting sport and would like to share with it to us ?

12 comments:

  1. In my opinion the best way to have good physical condition is to combine all these activities U mentioned together, e.q. U can reserve 2 days for jogging, 1 day for swimming and so on, every week, it's most important to do it regularly, the only things U need is motivation and some free time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (s3572)

    I loved riding on my bike 10 years ago. I've even thought about some professional training and career...
    Today I have an fat belly and....motivation? what's that? I think I heard about it sometime ago...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to stay fit but it didn't work out ;p
    more obligations and less free time doesn't help at all, I started jogging few weeks ago but the weather is barely acceptable
    stationary bicycle would be better choice since you don't have to mind about the weather or fear of being hit by a car :S
    I would really like to try out Squash but I'm afraid it's easy to get contused

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the past I was a big bicycle fan. I used to go to school by bicycle. I organized traveling around the country by bicycle with my friends,. Yes, I liked it very much. But now I live in Warsaw and only once I cycled. It is so boring to ride on the bicycle path. Additionally you have to worry about people who ignore bicycles and treat path like the footpath. When I live 50 meters from the subway it is obvious that I prefer this mean of transport.


    I run three times a week to keep fit. I try to prepare myself to some race, maybe Warsaw marathon? In the beginning I wish to take part in shorter distance, maybe half of the marathon or 10 kilometers race.


    And speaking about squash, I have never played this game. I wanted to start until I saw the price for one hour:
    http://www.squash.com.pl/klub/5/
    I think that 55 zł is too much for one hour of playing. I prefer to buy a carnet (140 zł) to the gym for one month:
    http://www.silownias4.com/kj_index.php (it is 15 meters from my flat ;))
    By the way, this gym is fully equipped, has nice service and sauna. I recommend it.

    I agree with you that swimming is the healthiest kind of sport. Everything that you write is true, and I also don’t have time for regular visits to swimming pools, but maybe I will in the future ;) My favorite technique is “frog style” because when I swim I want to relax and not to work very hard.

    Finally, I just want to add that when I was a kid I jumped to the deep water and unfortunately I couldn’t swim well and I began to drown. It was a horrible feeling! But thanks God I wasn’t alone and one of my friends who was a good swimmer jumped to the water and saved me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like swimming, but I don't like the chemistry that is put into the swimming pool. I don't think it's better than cycling, but it's another form of "doing something". I'm not scared of water and I didn't rescue anybody from drowning, but my fiancé was a lifeguard and she had some stories. Personally I prefer cycling and table tennis. An interesting sport in which I participate day after day is called: "Life" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like riding on my bicycle but i have to agree with Kamil. Possibilities for riding in Warsaw are very limited. And you always have to look around for walkers or even cars not to hit you. Every time i go riding i am very tired, not because of physical exercises but because of constant watching for threats.

    As for swimming, it is just like Bartek said. Strange chemistry in water isnt very pleasant for skin. And there is always big crowd on swimming pools.

    To stay fit i do some exercises at home, sometimes i go to swimming pool. And whenever possible i go everywhere by foot. Although i dont know if its really so healthy because the air in Warsaw isnt the cleanest one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was an active cyclist a few years ago. With my friends we used to freeride in polish mountains. It was a wonderful time, when we took our bikes on our back, and we climbed on a mountain to ride very fast downhill. That was totally crazy. The highest pick was “Lubań” which is 1211 meters over see level. Happily I made it without loss on health. I think cycling is great, especially when you have a nice group to ride with You. I recommend watching “disorder”, “Kranked” movies about extreme riding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like swim and ride a bike. I do it regular, except bike in winter. I do also climbing and badminton. So i think i'm activ person :)

    I don't like to run because i think it's boring. But instead of it a prefer walking, long walks it's something that i like most.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This english-polish-english part was great :)
    "Particularly useful may be a popular mountain bikes, which make it possible to move almost all conditions. Dla osób z nadwagą szczególnie polecane są trasy po płaskim terenie , bowiem jazda po gęstych pagórkach powoduje zbyt duże wahania pulsu , przez co wysiłek traci swój aerobowy charakter i przyspiesza zmęczenie . For those who are overweight are particularly recommended route after a flat terrain, the dense hills driving causing too large fluctuations in heartbeat." :)

    I prefer sports on the open air. Instead of sqash I rather play tennis. I also like to ride a bike. I live near Kabaty forest so I have some places to go :)

    I also like playing football, volleyball and basketball so generally when there is a ball I can find there something for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Out of the three sports you have mentioned my favourite is definitely cycling. I have never played squash (although I would like to try it) and when it comes to swimming I have an allergy which prevents me from swimming indoors in a swimming pool. My cycling experience started quite a few years ago when I bought my first mountain bike. I liked cycling so much that after a very short time I upgraded my bike so that it had much better mechanisms and other parts. I change my bike every few years. I prefer riding in the mountains or forests rather then in the city. Although it hepls to avoid traffic jams, it is not easy to ride through the streets of warsaw because there is not enough bicycle lanes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a squash lover. I used to play regualry two times a week, but since few months I do not have enought time to play as often as I would like to.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't especial like any of this sport disciplines.. But if I have to choose, I would choose Cycling.. I have ride on my cycling bike to high school:) A like it very much, my top speed was 45km/h :) ( more then 100kg! ) I was unstoppable.. But at some beautiful day, I found pothole, which was made especially for my tire.. :] It hurts a lot.. :D It was my last time on Cycling bike.. Now I have Car with big wheels!!! }:>>

    ReplyDelete