Tuesday 5 May 2009

Wedding



Yes, I got married three days ago. And in the end I find it inspiring for writing this post ;-) I had a lot of work to arrange everything that was needed. I thought that bringing to life the vision of a small decent wedding is somewhere around making ten phone calls but nooo real life has to be way complicated than that... It's not that simple to arrange an table for tens of people. You have to go through every single dish from the menu and think about it. What wine would your's fiancée mother enjoy to that meal? Do you have anyone who's allergic to cumin? Are you away of the fact that the cumin is used in many other spices? What to wear? Classic white dress for bride or the crazy red one? What suite will that go with? Why not a white tuxedo which I was dreaming for from my childhood? What will the priest think about that cool red dress? What about photos taken open air? Who will make them? I'd like a ring made of white gold but they add nickel to make it be white...I'm allergic to nickel. Am I?!
Oh the wedding was so small but still so many questions...

I'd like to know what do you think about all that fancy weddings? Spending a lot for dress and restaurants?
How do you imagine your wedding? Or how was it? :-)
Do you feel ready to take that step?



Images taken from: Wikipedia (creative commons license) and redhotbrides.com photo by Jason Schmidt.

12 comments:

  1. Best Wishes on Your Wedding Day! Wishing you every happiness as you begin your life together!

    What about my wedding I haven’t plant anything yet. I don’t want to change my status, and moreover I want to last it as long as it’s possible. For me getting married means having children soon (very soon!), and I’m not ready to be a father. I long to have a stable life, buy a flat in Warsaw, develop my hobbies and try to live unhurriedly. This is my plan for the next 5-8 years ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard of people or copanies which organise everything for a wedding. You just need to contact one person. I'm not sure how expensive that is because I wasn't really thinking about this ceremony.
    The only two things I know about my wedding is that it has to be small and I don't want to hurry.
    What do you think is the age most people get married? I have friends who put rings on their fingers when they were just 20. Isn't that a bit too early?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm... i'm not ready yet, i think, but maybe in few years. Who knows:)

    In my view this topic is difficult for today people and getting married usually means handcuffs, childrens and generally evil. All life with one person, i think that today crazy world don't like weddings, more and more divorces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (s3572)

    Well once there was a time where your parent's made their children married and they have to be happy after that...
    20 is OK as well as 80 --- there are no age limits, only the acquaintance and the desire counts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely I'm not ready yet. It's hard to say right now if i'm going to spend a lot of money on my wedding or not. First I have to have enough money... and the most important thing I have to know... i have to feel it... that I want to spend the rest of my life with some girl. Being married is not something that you can try and see what will happen. Or maybe you can but what's the point?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I'm ready for this step! And I don't think I'll be ready at all :)
    It's hard to say now what question will I have and how much money will I spend... I know I want that my friend should be with me on this day - but when it happen and how it would be like... I think it will depend on my future wife :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well p0rn0, best wishes on the new road ;-). I have my own wedding on 13th June this year :-) so I have everything on my head now. I'm really stressed because of that. We decided, mainly I :-), 1,5 year earlier that We should get married, and since that time I'm ready to take it to the next level ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  8. weddings are so.. pathetic ;)

    i am with my girlfriend for 7 or 8 years now. we live and earn for our living together for about 5 years.

    we never thought about wedding. we could only consider it because of legal issues (taxes etc.), but never a religious ceremony or a 'party' for grandmas and aunts..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm... I think that wedding should be something nice.. easy.. because decision is very difficult.. :D
    1.5 year of planning before the wedding... You have to book every think so early.. It's really stupid in my opinion.. :/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! :)
    I have set up my wedding on 24 of October. The most important things are already Booked and bought. In the summer should be enough time to finish off such things as menu and dancing lessons :P I hope it all will go smooth and easy ;]

    ReplyDelete
  11. When it comes to me i like wedding, especially the second part after 9p.m. ;) I noticed that recently many my friends and even my brother got married... maybe it's high time for me ? ,,, neeehhh Not before age 28 :P First is good to have good paid job, own flat and what is most important the girls you want to spend rest of you life with... what is really hard to find nowadays ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not ready for marriage yet, I don't met proper girl for that ;) but few days ago I was at my friend's wedding and during the party I start thinking about my own wedding :]

    ReplyDelete